Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Keep Calm, Paint On - Free Handed Corner Flower

So I know we have all heard some pretty wacky nail polish names. Lonesome Dove, Jail Bait, Breakfast in Red, My Silicone Popped....just to name a few. Even the main color  I used in this mani is kinda weird...it's called Gym Dandy...what does that even mean?

Anywway...of all the different nail polish names I have heard of, I have to say the one I used for this mani is one of my favorites. I would like to introduce you to the lovely pale blue on my ring finger called, "Keep Calm, Paint On."


For this mani, I mainly  used Essie's Gym Dandy. I would say this grey/brown creme is definiely not your average attention grabber but would suit someone who is more into earthy/neutral tones. Over Gym Dandy, I painted Revlon's Stunning,a polish with a clear base and lovely tiny silver sparkles.

For my ringer finger I used China Glaze Keep Calm, Paint On, a light blue creme with a tiny bit of shimmer. To create the flower in the corner I first drew the 4 petals using a regular nail polish brush. Then using a small black striper, I outlined the four petals to give them more definition. Finally, I painted (using a regular nail brush) the center of the flower with Gym Dandy and Stunning..and Voila...


What do you think?

So that's it for today! Like this design? Check out some of my other nail art designs on pinterest or tumblr


Sally Hansen  - Black Out
China Glaze - Keep Calm, Paint On
Petites -  Peach Blush
Essie - Gym Dandy
Revlon - Stunning

2 comments:

  1. i ADORE this!! <3 I am going to have to steal this design for my next nail art blog post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanx! I love to inspire new nail art! Send me a picture when you do!

      Delete